As the COVID-19 outbreak continues to spread, we know small businesses are struggling and looking for answers. Many may be unsure of what steps to take during this difficult time.
Our top priority here at Welcomemat Services is to ensure the safety and wellness of our employees and clients.
To help small businesses, we’ve put together a list of resources with recommended actions to take. We will continually update this post as things are changing daily.
We want to keep everyone informed and updated with information on protecting employees and supporting customers.
Please read on for information on how you can navigate your local business through this pandemic:
Small Business Resources
- The White House announced a historic $2-trillion coronavirus stimulus package. $360 billion has been allocated for small business loans.
- Justworks shared the options your business has for relief during this time. Read Understand Your Business’s Options for COVID-19 Relief.
- American Express created Materials for Businesses in the Face of COVID-19. Here you can find marketing materials, insight-driven tips and more.
- The US Chamber of Commerce has put together Resources to Help Your Small Business Survive the Coronavirus. They have also created a Coronavirus response toolkit to assist businesses and workers across the country.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration announced it would provide disaster assistance loans to small businesses affected by the coronavirus. Learn more about how your business can apply for assistance. The SBA has created a list of resources to help navigate this pandemic. You can find this here.
- GoFundMe started a Small Business Relief Initiative for small businesses that have been affected by COVID-19. You can sign up on GoFundMe to start a fundraiser to benefit your small business. Fill out this form to be considered for a $500 matching grant.
- The CDC offers Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to the Coronavirus Disease. This is a great resource if you haven’t taken the necessary measures yet within your work space.
- Entrepreneur.com has a list of 65 free tools to help you through the coronavirus pandemic. This resource can help your organization, team and family during this dangerous time.
- MultiState is tracking all state and local policy changes and updating them as changes come in daily. Their tracker includes information such as gathering limitations, mandatory curfews, small business assistance, and supply chain issues that may be taking place in your area.
- USA Today launched an initiative, Support Local, to help users support local businesses. The small business support directory allows users to purchase gift cards to use at a later time. You can add a local business here.
- Amazon has created a $5 million Neighborhood Small Business Relief Fund to provide cash grants to Seattle small businesses that need assistance during this time.
- Facebook has announced a $100 million grant in cash grants and ad credits for small businesses impacted by COVID-19. Facebook also launched a Business Resource Hub in which they share recommendations to help small businesses stay connected to customers. Sign up for updates as they’ll begin taking applications in the coming weeks.
- James Beard Foundation has created a Food and Beverage Industry Relief Fund to provide micro-grants to independent food and beverage small businesses in need. Add your information here if you are interested in learning more about the fund.
- JPMorgan announced a $50 million philanthropic commitment to help struggling customers. $8 million of it will go to small businesses and nonprofits.
- The tax deadline for individuals and businesses has been pushed to July 15th. Most refunds are still being issued within 21 days and the IRS recommends you still submit your taxes as soon as possible. You can find information about the IRS coronavirus tax relief here.
- If you want more information about how your taxes will be impacted this year, check out TurboTax’s guide here.
This post was last updated on April 16, 2020. We will update according to the latest news.